السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
It’s Thursday 18th June 2020. Let’s talk about ‘The Last 2 Verses of Sūrah al-Baqarah’ today.
The longest Sūrah in The Holy QurꜤān is Sūrah al-Baqarah. It is the second Sūrah after Sūrah al-Fatiha, approximately two and half pārāhs (Juz) long, and categorized a Madanī Sūrah, which means it was revealed after the migration of our Holy Prophet صَلَّىٰ ٱللَّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ to Madīnah al-Munawwarah.
Yesterday, I touched upon the virtues of Āyat ul-Kursī, which is also in Sūrah al-Baqarah. Today, I want to mention the virtues of the last 2 verses of this Sūrah.
- The Holy Prophet صَلَّىٰ ٱللَّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ is reported to have said ‘Whosoever recites these 2 verses at night, they are enough for him‘. (Bukhārī & Muslim)
- The Holy Prophet صَلَّىٰ ٱللَّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ is reported to have said ‘Almighty Allāh ended Sūrah al-Baqarah with 2 such verses which were gifted to me from the Special Treasures which are beneath the Throne of Almighty Allāh, therefore, learn these 2 verses specifically and also teach them to your womenfolk and children’. (Baihaqī)
What amazing virtues سُبْحَانَ الله. Both verses are not very long and they are quite easy to memorise. The best time to commit The QurꜤān to memory is first thing in the morning, when you wake up, and the mind is fresh.
In summary :
- Sūrah Yāsīn in the morning
- Sūrah al-WāqiꜤah after Maghrib
- Āyat ul-Kursī after every Farḍ Ṣalāh, and as much as possible in the house
- Last 2 verses of Sūrah al-Baqarah at night
Let’s make this a regular feature of our day, every day اِنْ شَاءَ الَّلهُ. Almighty Allāh bestow us with all the virtues of The Holy QurꜤān, Āmeen.
جَزَاكَ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا
Request for DuꜤās
وَالسَّلَامُ Hanif Dudhwala