السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
It’s Friday 3rd July 2020. My chosen topic today is ‘Etiquettes of The Masjid’.
With less than 8 hours to go to the reopening of our Masjids for Ṣalāh with JamāꜤat, let me take this opportunity to remind everyone regarding the etiquettes of the Masjid. Remember, the Masjid is the House of Almighty Allāh. It is the most beloved spot on earth in the Eyes of The Almighty. Let’s make sure we give the Masjid the respect it deserves.
The following are things to keep in mind:
- Dress in a respectful manner, befitting presence in the court of The Almighty.
- Avoid any action that may cause inconvenience to others, e.g. bad parking
- Apply perfume (Ꜥitr)
- Please ensure you clean your mouth thoroughly, no smell of garlic or onions, and no smoking on the way
- Place footwear on the racks (if in use)
- Enter the Masjid with the right foot, praying the DuꜤā for entering
- Make Niyyah of IꜤtikāf
- Offer 2 RakꜤāt of Tahiyyat ul-Masjid
- Have general consideration for others
- Don’t block the exits
- Don’t indulge in worldly talk in the Masjid, including places where the voice will carry into Masjid
- Maintain silence and sit respectfully (not leaning or using a chair, unless necessary), remaining conscious of where you are
- Switch off mobile phones
- Keep the Masjid clean
- Once the Imām ascends the Mimbar on Friday, make sure you remain silent throughout
- If you bring young children, stand with them on the side
- Leave the Masjid with the left foot, praying the leaving DuꜤā
As the coronavirus is still around, please adhere to all the instructions provided by the Masjid officials and follow all the signs. Finally, make plenty of DuꜤā whilst you are in the Masjid that we never ever witness the closure of Masjids again.
Almighty Allāh make the reopening of Masjids easy for us and bless us with the ability to visit the Masjid 5 times daily, Āmeen.
جَزَاكَ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا
Request for DuꜤās
وَالسَّلَامُ Hanif Dudhwala