السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
It’s Sunday 13th December 2020.
Let’s continue with the topic of Christmas today (Part 1).
As touched upon in part 1, we must ensure that our own beliefs, those of our children, and generations to come, are absolutely sound and secure. There must not be an iota of a doubt created in our minds.
One very respected scholar here in Blackburn, Mufti Muḥammad Fārūq Ṣāḥib, has put together 5 very important beliefs regarding Ḥaḍrat ‘Īsā (عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ).
The following ‘Aqā’id (beliefs), taken from the Holy Qur’ān and Ḥadīth, must be known by all Muslims and mentioned by parents and guardians to the children :
- Prophet ‘Īsā, عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ, was born miraculously without a father. His mother Maryam, رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهَا , never married. Joseph, the carpenter, is not the father of Prophet ‘Īsā, عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ.
- Prophet ‘Īsā, عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ, was not the son of God. He was a Prophet, just like other Prophets, عَلَيْهِم ٱلسَّلَامُ.
- He was not killed, nor put on the cross. He has not yet died a physical death.
- Allāh, سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ, raised him physically in the heavens.
- He will return to this world, just before Qiyamah, during the reign of Imām Mahdi, رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ, to kill Dajjāl (Antichrist). On his return, Prophet ‘Īsā, عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ, will be a follower of our Prophet, صَلَّىٰ ٱللَّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ.
Note that to go against even one of these 5 ‘Aqā’id (practically, verbally, etc.), or doubt any single ‘Aqīdah, will be an act of Kufr (disbelief). Allāh, سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ, knows best.
May Allāh, سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ, protect the Īmān of all Muslims, Āmeen.
Therefore, please educate your families correctly during this Christmas period. Ensure you do not imitate any act not associated with our beautiful religion, and take the opportunity to spend the holidays with the family in a friendly Islamic environment.
Almighty Allāh keep us steadfast on Islām, and safeguard our Īmān and the Īmān of our generations to come, Āmeen.
جَزَاكَ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا
Request for Du’ās
وَالسَّلَامُ Hanif Dudhwala
Sayyidunā ‘Īsā ‘alayhis salām – A Prophet of Islām – Ḥaḍrat Mawlānā Muḥammad Saleem Dhorāt Ḥafizahullāh
‘Īsā ‘alayhis salām – His Blessed Mission in Light of the Glorious Qur’ān – Mawlānā Muḥammad ‘Īsā ‘Abdullāh (a revert from Catholicism)
A Glimpse at the Life of Sayyidunā ‘Īsā ‘alayhis salām – Ḥaḍrat Mawlānā Muḥammad Saleem Dhorāt Ḥafizahullāh
Story of Jesus (‘Īsā) and Mary as Told in the Qur’an – Mufti ‘Abdur-Raḥmān ibn Yūsuf